7 Investing and Startup Podcasts the Headline Team in Asia Recommend
For those who want to learn about investing, podcasts are a fantastic resource to learn on-the-go.
Although social networking sites such as Twitter and other forms of media are resources for learning about the startup world, podcasts are a favorite medium here at Headline because of their convenience. Whether you’re commuting, waiting in line, or washing dishes, podcasts are accessible whenever and wherever. It doesn’t hurt that they’re also informative, sometimes inspiring and other times motivating, and make learning a little bit more fun.
Headline team members and partners in Asia are sharing the investing and startup podcasts that they love the most.
- 20 Minutes VC: Harry Stebbings, who started this podcast as a teen in Silicon Valley and put himself on the map, has since launched two funds totaling USD $140 million dollars. Being a successful investor himself, he also interviews prominent VC partners, founders of unicorn startups, and executives from large corporations. One of his best abilities is making his guest comfortable on air, which makes for very candid and frank discussions about the VC world.
Angel The Podcast with Jason Calacanis (HP
2. Angel The Podcast with Jason Calacanis (HP): Jason Calacanis is a well-known angel investor in Uber who is also infamous for his decision not to invest in Twitter. Due to this misfortune, he often asks his VC guests in the podcast, “Which company is the biggest one you’ve ever missed or haven’t invested in?” He is also the author of a book titled “ANGEL” which is a comprehensive guide to angel investing and specific actions that Angel investors should take.
Known for his outspokenness, Calacanis is notoriously unfriendly towards Y Combinator and some VCs. We must admit though, that sometimes makes for some fascinating content. Calacanis also has another podcast called This Week in Startups.(HP)
3. How I Built This: Host Guy Raz from NPR interviews the hottest entrepreneurs and most-famous investors in the game. Kevin Systrom, the co-founder of Instagram, with a net worth of USD $2.3 billion and Melanie Perkins, the co-founder of Canva, who recently raised USD $40 billion in valuation, had a talk on this podcast. In 2020, a book based on this podcast was published.
Headline Partner Joseph Huang particularly recommends the “Power Rangers: Haim Saban” episode. Haim Saban is known bringing the Power Rangers to the US. Listen to this episode, if you want to know more about his journey.
4.The a16z Podcast:Andreessen Horowitz, often called a16z, is a media company that monetizes through venture capital. In fact, they pioneered the VC podcast all the way back in 2014.
A16z has five podcasts to their name, including a16z Live, their podcast originally from their broadcast of Clubhouse, Bio Eats World, and Future by a16z, which shares the same name as their newly established media site.
5. The Full Ratchet: Sit with Nick Moran as he interviews VC and Angel investor experts on how they find, evaluate and select companies to invest in. Specifically, the future generations of great technology startups.
In this podcast, Moran interviews a wide range of industry experts, and includes concise summaries at the end of each interview so you won’t miss anything important.
6. The Entre-preneur Show: On this podcast, they interview top entrepreneurs, VC’s, angel investors, and startup execs around the world who have valuable lessons to impart.
The format of this show is designed to promote economic opportunity for their users, as well as entrepreneurs, freelancers, investors meet, exchange ideas, and learn from each other.
The Successful Pitch Podcast by John Livesay
7. The Successful Pitch Podcast by John Livesay: John Livesay is a sales keynote speaker, sales expert, and author. In his podcast he provides insights on how to make your pitch compelling, clear, and concise.
Successful thought leaders and entrepreneurs share their stories in The Successful Pitch so that you can start mapping your road to success too.
Check out our 7 Must-Read Books from Headline Partners here.