Headline is a top-performing technology venture capital firm and we're looking to grow our Rust backend engineering team. We'd love to have skilled engineers who are passionate about problem-solving and building blazingly fast software. If you've worked with Rust before, that's awesome, but it's not obligatory.
As a Backend Engineer, you'll be collaborating with your teammates to handle tasks like:
* Writing code, mostly in Rust.
* Building fast data processing programs
* Taking care of our Debian servers and tweaking OS settings - being comfortable on the command line is crucial
* Writing Postgres queries and designing schemas
* Writing data processing jobs, which can sometimes be performance-sensitive
* Optimizing code so it fits in memory (we tackle some big problems!)
* Creating novel ways of storing and accessing data
* Maintaining HTTP APIs to our web-based frontend
* Utilizing machine learning on our data
* Performing numerical processing and data science
Your responsibilities are open-ended, preferably you can both overlap with and augment our existing team. Therefore, instead of placing emphasis on meeting specific qualifications, we encourage applicants to consider the overall role and what it entails.
Why you'll like working here: we're a small flexible engineering team. Your customers are the rest of the organization. Our team loves to learn and solve problems together. And you can have opportunities to contribute back to the Rust and open source communities. Most importantly, we have a culture of respect for each individual's time and well-being.
LOCATION: Remote. The company is based in San Francisco, California, with offices around the world.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate to experience. This is a mid-level/senior position.
VISA: H1B sponsorship may be considered for exceptional candidates.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit a detailed cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit along with your resume or CV to rusty-resumes at headline.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are a Venture Capital firm actively on the ground in 8 cities around the world. We partner with exceptional entrepreneurs across geographies and as early as possible. Once we commit to a team, we go to the ends of the earth to make their success global.
We’ve backed the founders behind category creators such as Segment, Sonos, Angie’s List, NGINX, Groupon, Data.ai (fka AppAnnie), Axios, Acorns, Shipt, Scopely, Farfetch, Sorare, Honeycomb, and Grin, among others.
Our team is going fast, ambitious, international, and diverse. We are looking for new engineers to join our team (remote) to work side by side with us and fantastic entrepreneurs.