Announcing IVS2021 LAUNCHPAD NASU Finalists
Meet the promising startups who will be taking the stage Friday, November 19
IVS LAUNCHPAD is one of the largest pitch competitions in Japan, and over 400 startups have stood on the LAUNCHPAD stage. The first IVS LAUNCHPAD was held in 2007 and over 5,000 startups have applied for an opportunity to pitch to an esteemed panel of judges over the years. Numerous startups compete to win in IVS LAUNCHPAD, but only one will take home the number one spot.
A launch pad for young entrepreneurs discovering the unknown
On Friday, November 19 at IVS NASU, the finalists are going to pitch and compete for the top spot in front of a panel of judges, including investors, executives, and entrepreneurs. LAUNCHPAD has even established a fund for seed fundraising to help startups develop their businesses, and supports startups in a multitude of ways, including community-building, networking, recruiting, and even sales analysis for data-driven management.
This year, 14 finalists, selected from about 150 applicants, will give a six minute pitch on their products and their passion for their business. These startups underwent a rigorous screening process to get to where they are today, so that alone is worth a congratulations.
Below are the finalists at IVS2021 LAUNCHPAD NASU in alphabetical order. Now, let’s meet the contestants.
Previous LAUNCHPAD finalists
The intense pitching sessions at IVS LAUNCHPAD have led to large-scale fundraising, business financing, M&A, and other activities that can change the lives of the finalists. Many LAUNCHPAD finalists have had a number of exit stages, such as fundraising and IPO. (Check the following news about recent fundraising from finalists)
● LAUNCHPAD Entertainment winner, Kauche, the №1 share buying app in annual sales, raised around JPY $810 million in total from Delight Ventures, SBI Investment, and others.
● IVS2021 LAUNCHPAD Spring Winner, “207”, working hard for DX in the logistics industry., raised a total of JPY $500 million in Series A funding.
● LAUNCHPAD SaaS Winner, on-site work improvement platform, “Kaminashi” raised a total of about JPY $1.1 billion in Series A funding.
● IVS2020 LAUNCHPAD finalist, Japanese career social network, “YOUTRUST” raised JPY $450 million in Series B round to become a “game-changing player in Japanese-style careers”.
● IVS2014 LAUNCHPAD Fall Kyoto Winner, IVS2014 LAUNCHPAD Fall Kyoto Winner, parking sharing company, akippa, raised JPY $600 million in funding. It ranked in third place by the number of locations in the industry and is going to experiment the hourly rental services.
How to Attend IVS2021 LAUNCHPAD NASU
We will be holding an online pre-event for IVS2021 LAUNCHPAD NASU on Friday, November 12 at 21:00 JST. The event is free for everyone to attend and will happen virtually on Zoom. If you are interested in participating, please register here. Speakers will include the 14 LAUNCHPAD finalists; Akio Tanaka, Partner and Founder of Headline Asia; and Toshiaki Shimakawa, CEO of IVS.
If you’d like to attend, please fill out the application form below: https://forms.gle/Yfx7WtoaiEdguNv77
How can I participate in IVS2021 NASU?
Ticket types include start-up tickets, general tickets, and media tickets. We will suggest ticket types according to the organization and position of the participant. If you are interested in participating, please apply through the application form below. We will contact you after screening.
IVS Application Form: https://bit.ly/3vxlWH6
IVS Ticket Details: https://www.ivs.events/
Please note that only applicants who passed the screening will be able to participate in the event.
Check out IVS’s Twitter and Facebook for the latest news.